[rescue] Does IBM offer hobbiest license for AIX?

Patrick Finnegan pat at computer-refuge.org
Wed Jul 20 09:58:41 CDT 2005

On Wednesday 20 July 2005 08:39, Adam Breaux wrote:
> I'd like to start learning AIX but wanted to know how accessible a
> license is for free/low cost. What would be a good base system to
> start with these days?

IBM doesn't provide hobbyist licenses for AIX.  However, the unoffical
word from a few people at IBM is that they aren't going to come
a-nockin' unless you're using it commercially and don't have a real
license.  V5.1 and probably 5.2 CD sets are available on ePay for
relatively low cost the last time I checked.

Pat
--
Purdue University ITAP/RCS        ---  http://www.itap.purdue.edu/rcs/
The Computer Refuge               ---  http://computer-refuge.org