[rescue] [Slightly OT]: Desk/Tables for multiple computers

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Tue Jul 19 09:55:30 CDT 2005

Mon, 11 Jul 2005 @ 14:31 -0400, Nadine said:

> I like the idea of those aluminum folding tables, but I'm short,
> and really need a keyboard tray on top of a low work surface.
> This has been a real problem in my work offices.

I'm not short, and generally it kills me to have a keyboard on the same
level as the desktop.

Either that, or the keyboard trays used are such crap that it hurts to
use them for long.

But what really ticks me off is how they arrange office furniture so
that my back is to the door of my area.  I *hate* that.

I want to face any incoming paths, but a lot of cubicles are put
together so that your back is to the opening.

The other one that bothers me is walls that are just high enough to be
in the way, but too short to offer you any reason for them to be there.
I think 4-5 foot walls should be banned.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["The strength of the Constitution lies
entirely in the determination of each citizen to defend it.  Only if every