[rescue] [Slightly OT]: Desk/Tables for multiple computers

Phil Stracchino phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
Tue Jul 12 16:14:12 CDT 2005

Carl R. Friend wrote:
>    I forget where I heard it, but I seem to recall a (quality-picture)
> "lifetime" of plasma screens in the 8,000 hour range.

That sounds similar to what I've heard, now that you mention it.  8,000
to 10,000 hours seems to stick in my memory.

Now, 8,000 hours would last ME ... oh ... at a guess, probably AT LEAST
ten years (assuming 16 hours a week of use, which is more likely high by
a factor of 1.5 to 2).  My family, though?  Left to themselves, oh ...
it might last three to four years.  Maybe.

>    Me?  I've got a 18-year-old rear-projection (triple CRT) and it
> still looks darn good.

Oh, sure.  My TV (still sitting in Greenville NC) is a 12-year-old
Pioneer triple-CRT back-projection unit.  It all still works fine.  The
only problem with it is the plastic front screen won't survive any more
abuse from small children, and replacement screens for that model are to
my knowledge no longer available.

 Phil Stracchino       phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
 Mobile: 603-216-7037         Landline: 603-886-3518