[rescue] [Slightly OT]: Desk/Tables for multiple ?computers

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Mon Jul 11 22:11:39 CDT 2005

>From: Aaron Finley <aaronfinley at gmail.com>
>Date: Mon Jul 11 22:05:13 CDT 2005
>To: The Rescue List <rescue at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [rescue] [Slightly OT]: Desk/Tables for multiple ?computers

>Lionel Peterson wrote:
>>
>> Yep - Comcast... I can't get DSL where I live - Cable Modem service is OK, but I long for FiOS (FTTP) that is being deployed in my old neighborhood...
>
>I wish I had gone with Comcast cable over DSL. Verizon really stinks
>here; I get at the most 80 kB/s. My neighbors on Comcast get 300 kB/s
>all day long.

Well, the speed here is great, but they have opened up the network a bit, to try and hold on to customers from Verizon's fiber to the house FiOS offering.

The day I can get FiOS is the day I dump Comcast Cable Modem service... The speed is good, but I am lucky and live in a very uncongested area, so there aren't many users on my cable segment sharing the bandwidth...

I'm downloading Fedora FC4 CD .isos at 197 KB/sec - that's big "B", as in about 1.6 Meg bits/second... And I think it could go faster, if the source could serve it up faster ;^)