[rescue] [Slightly OT]: Desk/Tables for multiple ?computers

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Mon Jul 11 22:00:50 CDT 2005

>From: Joshua Boyd <jdboyd at jdboyd.net>
>Date: Mon Jul 11 16:00:30 CDT 2005
>To: The Rescue List <rescue at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [rescue] [Slightly OT]: Desk/Tables for multiple  computers

>On Mon, Jul 11, 2005 at 03:48:56PM -0500, Lionel Peterson wrote:
>> signal throught he DVR, and it wasn't passing the entire signal
>> through to the cable box, so I came up with this option...
>
>Ick.  Digital Cable?

Yep - Comcast... I can't get DSL where I live - Cable Modem service is OK, but I long for FiOS (FTTP) that is being deployed in my old neighborhood...

>> Of course, five minutes later, my son wanted to watch a DVD - and
>> there isn't one there, and the cabinet is full...
>
>You don't watch DVDs?

Not in the Family room...

>> Luckily, "his" TV (in the playroom) has an integrated DVD player...
>
>That's a bit appalling.

How? That we have a playroom? That he has a TV in the playroom? Or is it that the DVD player is integrated into the set?

A Playroom happens when you have kids, either you set aside a room for the toys, or they will take over one of the rooms anyway.

That my son has a TV in the playroom is more a result of our having an "extra" TV (we got the integrated set when our bedroom TV died by using some Credit Card reward points - zero cash - and it has a nice, flat tube in it. Then I broke down and had the broken TV repaired *again*).

The DVD player in the TV is not my preference, but, it really reduces the clutter around the TV, and for *zero* dollars, no regrets...

Sorry of I'm over-reacting, but I'm not sure how to take your comment Joshua...

Lionel