[rescue] argh! serial port help needed for Cisco 2924

Michael Kaegler Michael.Kaegler at marist.edu
Mon Jul 11 08:02:39 CDT 2005

Forgive me if I'm suggesting something thats "a little too basic", but...

Serial port of a 2924 is an RJ-45, not a DB9. You need to have the
cisco RJ-45 to DB9/DB25 adaptor (which are often different from other
companies') and you need to have a *rollover* cable (not crossover or
straight-thru) to connect it to the switch.
-mKaegler