[rescue] Dell oops

Mike Hebel nimitz at nimitzbrood.com
Thu Jul 7 19:39:28 CDT 2005

On Jul 7, 2005, at 7:24 PM, John Williams wrote:

> Hi:
>
>     Dumb question...  can you get one of these Dell monitors to work
> on a sun
> box?
>
>     John

Depends entirely on the box in question.

Most of the time all you have to do is type the resolution you want
from the openboot prom:

setenv output-device=screen:r1280x1024x76m

or whatever resolution and refresh rate the monitor will support.  If I
can use an old Gateway monitor on a Sun U10
then I don't think there'll be an issue.  The setup info BTW is
shamelessly stolen from Bill's site:

http://www.sunhelp.org/faq/FrameBuffer.html

;-)
Mike Hebel
----
"Without balance and consistent growth the only option is to degrade.
There is no other solution." - Anonymous