[rescue] Sun crushes the used Sun market

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Tue Jul 5 04:58:34 CDT 2005

On Tue, 5 Jul 2005, Bill Bradford wrote:

>> I still think that OpenFirmware/OpenBoot beats all, though.
>
> The jury is still out on EFI.  It might be great, it might really
> suck...

I wish I could get my hands on a Itanium-II system, or even an
Intanium-I system, if it were capable of running BSD or Linux.  I'd let
you know how I like the firmware.

Given Microsoft's description of it in the XP Resource Kit, it sounds
rather OpenFirmware-ish, only without the command-line.  I guess that
wouldn't bother most users, but being able to interact with a system
prior to loading the OS is great when you don't know what's broken.

--
Jonathan Patschke ) "Beatniks and politics, nothing is new.
Elgin, TX        (   A yardstick for lunatics: one point of view."