[rescue] Details on "Free Ultra 20" program

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Fri Jul 1 03:20:23 CDT 2005

>From the web page I was sent the URL to yesterday:

http://store.sun.com/CMTemplate/CEServlet?process=SunStore&cmdViewProduct_CP&catid=133232&PROMO

month and get a Sun Ultra 20 workstation free*. Order now for delivery in
August.
* includes the Sun Ultra 20 entry configuration.

Ordering Notes:
    * Web exclusive promotional price available for eligible Sun Store
customers (U.S. only) and only available on Sun Store. The Sun Store Terms
and Conditions apply. Promotional price not valid in conjunction with any
other purchasing agreements, discount(s) or offer(s).
    * This offer is a 3 year Service Subscription contract, which includes 3
years of service support for hardware and Solaris 10, Java Studio Enterprise,
and Sun Studio 10.  Early cancelation of this contract is prohibited.
    * Payment for this Service Subscription is credit card only and will be
billed on an annual basis. The first payment is due upon ordering this
subscription. The remaining amount is billed in two installments due at the
beginning of year 2 and year 3.
    * The "entry" configuration of the Ultra 20 is free with this Service
Subscription. Upgraded hardware configurations are available for an
additional charge. Any additional charges for upgraded hardware is due at
the time of purchasing this offer.

So, it's actually "$29.95/month for three years, paid a year in advance"

Drat.  Well, I don't have $360 available right now, or I'd be ordering
one.  Guess I'll wait until the Austin house is sold and just buy one
outright.

Bill

--
bill bradford