[rescue] FS: Soekris NET4801

velociraptor velociraptor at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 19:54:57 CST 2005

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 15:19:08 -0500, Phil Stracchino
<alaric at caerllewys.net> wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 30, 2005 at 04:48:58PM +0000, Peter Corlett wrote:
> > Phil Stracchino <alaric at caerllewys.net> wrote:
> > [...]
> > > It's a NAS server with a third of a terabyte of disk, that draws
> > > 8.5W peak....
> >
> > 300+GB of disk draws more than that much power! Presumably it's the
> > rest of it that draws 8.5W?
>
> I'm not certain.  And I don't know how many disks actually make that up
> ...  it could be a single FCAL disk for all I know.
>
> I'll try to find out more details next time I get a chance to talk to
> him.

I was thinking a couple of these disk trays that "corpsys" on ebay always has:
http://tinyurl.com/45vo5

$295 for 144GB 8x18GB.  Price is ok, but the size seems kinda weak,
given that I have a 200GB IDE in my external FW enclosure.  A 7x73GB
tray (511GB) is $995.  Anyone have any leads on how to beef up the
disk sizes on those without breaking the bank too badly?  There is
only one auction for a 146GB FCAL disk, though the 36GB's have
starting bids in the $1-5 range.

=Nadine=