[rescue] hard drives for sparc10?

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Tue Jan 18 13:00:51 CST 2005

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. <rescue at hawkmountain.net> wrote:
[...]
> Can these converters make a master and slave rig appear as 2 LUNs on
> the target... or are all of them engineered to control only one IDE
> device ?

The one I have has an IDC plug mounted directly on the board, so I
can't use a standard IDE cable with it and haven't yet made up a
custom cable to see if it works.

I recall seeing a version that can take two drives. If the firmware is
shared between the versions then perhaps you'll get away with it.
However, using more than one device on an IDE channel is inviting a
visit from the cockup fairy, so I'd rather avoid this sort of hack.

--
PGP key ID E85DC776 - finger abuse at mooli.org.uk for full key