[rescue] hard drives for sparc10?

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Mon Jan 17 16:25:31 CST 2005

On Mon, Jan 17, 2005 at 03:23:46PM -0700, Arthur Wouk wrote:

> 3) is there a functioning 50pin to 68pin converter which would allow me
> to use sca scsi drives at least in external boxes?  any experience with
> these? i know there is no room internal to the sparc10s.

Yeah, 68 to 50 pin converters are available.  I bought one for something
like $3 on ebay to allow me to use a 68pin device in a Sun 411.  The
adapter I bought didn't actually allow the device to fit in the 411 case
properly though.  I think there are likely smaller adapters.

I also "have"[0] a SCA adapter that allows you to connect SCA drives to
either 68 or 50 pin cables.  It fits fine in a Sun 411 case, and I think
it would fit fine in a SS2, but I've never actually seen the insides of
a SS10.

[0] I loaned it to my place of employment and they have since been
    unwilling to reimburse me for it, nor return it.  Thus, my Indy has
    been sitting diskless since then (although I wouldn't have had time
    to do anything with the Indy these past few months anyway).

--
Joshua D. Boyd
jdboyd at jdboyd.net
http://www.jdboyd.net/