[rescue] RFA: firewall

Nick nick at pelagiris.org
Sun Jan 9 14:33:46 CST 2005

Prepare to be flamed to hell.  Linux IPtables is the best firewall
utility I've found so far, and I belive IPtables w/ Ethernet Bridge
support is now mainline, the only feature *BSD had over linux.  I run
debian because it's the only distro I can run on All my hardware, from
the Alphastation to the Octane.  With 20+ machines to support running
one distro per platform is not acceptable.  Yes, linux has it's
problems, and yes, some distros (HI redhat!) have very... erm.. Creative
filesystem layouts, but don't condem it out of hand.  No product is
totally worthless, heck even Windows has it's place (very small
companies unwilling to hire a technically clued employee).  hrm, sorry
for the rant.  Please do consider linux/iptables.
	Nick