[rescue] Seeking thinkpad 240C..

William Enestvedt William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Wed Jan 5 13:32:03 CST 2005

Mike Meredith asked:

> The 3310 doesn't come with a 9-pin cable ?

   Sure it does: but where do I plug that in on the 480, which only has
an RJ-45?

> I guess they assume that everyone has a spare Cisco rollover cable :(

   Actually, I do believe that I tried that rom my PowerBook with ZTerm
but got no joy. But perhaps I failed to do so. *blush*
   Anyway, the point remains that the manufacturer ships the array with
a cable and an adapter, but one that's of no use to their customers.
Sure, as the Sun support guy pointed out, "This seems like an
opportunity for a reseller to step in." ...And if mine didn't suck, they
might have done so, too! Grrr...

> > after that; you can go over the hosts's SCSI conenction or an
> > unsecured telnet session. *gulp*)
>
> Work uses a private VLAN for those...

   I wish! And then I could push my backups over it, too, and... *sigh*
Where's my flying car, anyway?
-wde
--
Will Enestvedt