[rescue] Seeking thinkpad 240C..

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Wed Jan 5 10:04:59 CST 2005

On Wed, Jan 05, 2005 at 12:29:01AM -0600, Bill Bradford wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 04, 2005 at 11:36:16PM -0500, Ethan O'Toole wrote:
> > I was looking at the T20's from IBM that are on eBay... they move for $400
> > or so I guess, and seem fairly modern. I try not to spend more than that
> > on a single computer, unless it's a SGI origin or something :-)
>
> I'll never carry/use a PC laptop ever again, after getting this iBook.
>
> iBook G4/800Mhz (refurbished, from SmallDog.com)
> 128M RAM onboard + a 512M stick
> 30G HD (who needs more in a portable?)

No to mention that if you do it is probably easy to upgrade, right?

Portable video editing is a big thing currently, BTW.  Send your
reporter out with a notebook and DV cam, have them send back rough edits
instead of completely raw footage.

Or, documentary makers wanting to be able to rough edit as they go.

Of course, such users probably go for PowerBooks instead of iBooks.

Still, I do wonder if maybe the sort of people who compulsively
videotape every part of their vacations might also want to be able to
work on the editing on their vacations.

And certainly don't forget MP3s.  If people can fill 60gig stand alone
players, I'm sure they can fill 30g notebook harddrives.

--
Joshua D. Boyd
jdboyd at jdboyd.net
http://www.jdboyd.net/