[rescue] Seeking thinkpad 240C..

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Wed Jan 5 00:29:01 CST 2005

On Tue, Jan 04, 2005 at 11:36:16PM -0500, Ethan O'Toole wrote:
> I was looking at the T20's from IBM that are on eBay... they move for $400
> or so I guess, and seem fairly modern. I try not to spend more than that
> on a single computer, unless it's a SGI origin or something :-)

I'll never carry/use a PC laptop ever again, after getting this iBook.

iBook G4/800Mhz (refurbished, from SmallDog.com)
128M RAM onboard + a 512M stick
30G HD (who needs more in a portable?)
CD-ROM
12.1" screen
Airport Extreme 802.11b/g card
OSX 10.3.7

I got iLife '04 with it as well.

Total:  just under $1K shipped.

I've been using this almost every day for the past month, and at least
once a week (when on trips) before that.  It hasn't failed me yet.

Bill

--
bill bradford
austin texas