[rescue] Re: Indy Power Supply

Wai-Sun Chia waisun.chia at hp.com
Tue Jan 4 21:22:19 CST 2005

Hmm..interesting.
As I'm not a SGI guy myself, I didn't know Nidec makes/made power
supply..only fans.

Speaking of major manufacturers, AFAIK, all of DEC's PDP power supplies
was designed and manufactured in-house up until the VAX era in the early
to mid-80s. Then Astec (HK-based) became their preferred power supply
supplier..

Andrew Jones wrote:
> I have never seen a working Nidec power supply.  They're infamously
> faulty.  As a result, the later, Sony-made ones are ridiculously
> expensive on ebay.
> I too know the pain of an Indy with no power supply.

/wai-sun