[rescue] USB Wacom to serial

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Tue Jan 4 09:36:35 CST 2005

On Tue, Jan 04, 2005 at 09:00:31AM -0500, Kevin wrote:
> Does anyone know if i can take a current USB Wacom tablet, put a
> USB to serial converter on it and make it work under IRIX?
>
> I figure it's doubtful, but i just got a huge USB Wacom for free
> (my mother upgraded and gave me her old one) and would like to
> get it to work on my Octane if possible.

Doubt full.

However, that USB wacom is worth more (at least on ebay) than an
equivelent serial one anyway, so maybe sell it and buy a serial one?

How large, BTW?

I used to have a wacom tablet on my linux machine.  I disconnected it
when I moved May '03, and found that I didn't have desk space any longer
for it.  Another 1.5 past, and I still don't have desk space to hook it
to my Octane.  ARgh.

--
Joshua D. Boyd
jdboyd at jdboyd.net