[rescue] POS Serial Display's

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Tue Jan 4 04:29:33 CST 2005

Thomas Gallaway <rescue at port11.net> wrote:
[...]
> So a while ago I found a new in box POS display in a dumpster. I was
> wondering if anybody knew how to control those if there is any
> standard. It seems like if I just throw serial data at it it will
> update the display line one, then line two then jump back to line
> one and overwrite that data.

Software-wise, this sounds a bit like a LCD display with the Hitachi
44780 chipset, with a SIPO converter on the front. Such devices are
popular with riceboy casemodders, so there's various bits of Windows
software that can drive them and display stats.

--
Nothing shortens a journey so pleasantly as an account of misfortunes at which
the hearer is permitted to laugh.