[rescue] SS5-170 mobo available

Mike Nicewonger twmaster at twmaster.com
Sat Dec 31 23:32:57 CST 2005

> What was it doing?  I'm serious; aside from my Ultra 5 and Ultra 2,
> I have
> an SS5 110 with 256 MB of RAM and an 18 GB hard drive.

Was?

It -is- serving DNS and HTTP proxy (squid) and barely breaks a sweat.
I also have an old SS5 upgraded SS2 serving DNS.

Old machines don't get any slower. They still work just fine in many
applications. As I said, this machine has been in production on a
publicly accessible network for more than 4 years now. It just DTRT
nearly all the time.

squid# uptime
1:03AM  up 193 days, 18:01, 1 user, load averages: 0.20, 0.11, 0.09

I had to pull it down earlier this year to replace the UPS it lived on.

--
Mike N

Misanthrope, Carnivore.