[rescue] Bay Networks Centillion 100

jwb-tech at picarefy.com jwb-tech at picarefy.com
Wed Dec 28 01:07:09 CST 2005

Today's special item: I have a Bay Networks Centillion 100 for sale. It
has five boards in six slots: an ATM Speed/155 which appears to be the
master board, which has four optical ATM ports, a DIN serial port for
management, and 10baseT ethernet for management; at ATM Speed 155 NC board
which has all the same stuff but arranged differently; and three
EtherSpeed 10/100 boards with four 10/100baseT ports. It also has dual
power supplies, rackmount ears, and retractable cable guides built into
the ears.

When I power it up, it passes self-test (see the serial-port spew at the
end of this message), and that's just about everything I know about it.
These models were intended to be managed via some kind of Windows GUI
software and it's not clear that they can be controlled completely from
the serial command line -- for example, I was unable to find any command
to get a hardware summary, even.

Free to anybody who wants to pay shipping for this heavy beast. If you
want, I'll even throw in some TokenSpeed four-port 4/16 STP/UTP token-ring
boards from the other unit I have, which doesn't pass self-test.

--James B.

Boot prom starting, PRODUCTION mode
 Part Number: 00023000
   Revision : F
  Card Type : 2C

Is there anybody out there?

Switch starts...
Total number of slots: 6
Bank0 memory size: 2097152 bytes
Bank0 memory test starts ...pass

Boot prom starting, PRODUCTION mode
 Part Number: 00023000
   Revision : F
  Card Type : 2C

Is there anybody out there?

Switch starts...
Total number of slots: 6
Backdoor bus test pass.
Flash checksum check starts...pass
Decompress and load MCP image ...complete
Bay Networks Switching Software for Centillion
MCP Version 3.2(2.7) Standard Full LANE Image
Compiled by [releasea] on Tue Mar-09-99 14:16

Installed software:
        Full LANE

Copyright (c) 1996-1998 Bay Networks, Inc.

System DRAM size is 10 Meg

Speed0b1711:Command >