[rescue] Yummy .. Solaris zones can run other OSes

Meelis Roos mroos at linux.ee
Wed Dec 14 09:59:01 CST 2005

> New version of zones, which already rock, will have ability to run other OSes...
>
> http://www.opensolaris.org/jive/thread.jspa?threadID=4262&tstart=0

I read that they are just running Linux binaries on Solaris kernel
(through some kernel personality that IIRC works normally too, without
zones). Since zones is a in-kernel feature, it sounds logical that they
can not run any other kernel _instead_ of Solaris in zones.

So it's a Linux userspace and Solaris kernel (mimicing Linux kernel
interfaces).

--
Meelis Roos (mroos at linux.ee)