[rescue] Type 3 / Type 4 Keyboards

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Mon Dec 12 18:17:26 CST 2005

" From: Janet Campbell <janet at foonly.com>
"
" On Mon, 12 Dec 2005, der Mouse wrote:
"
" > That is *so* true.  I have an optical mouse I hacked to run at 9600 on
" > my main house machine at home, and it is *ever* so much nicer.  But,
" > why wouldn't you be able to use them?  Do older Suns have serial ports
" > for mouse/keyboard so crippled that they can't run at 4800 or 9600?
"
" I got driver overruns right and left - didn't really put too much effort
" into debugging them, though.

afaik the serial chip is the same z8530 used - as a core anyway - thru
the early ultras.  i would guess the older machines just don't have
the hp to handle a higher interrupt rate.