[rescue] SGI Octane problem

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Mon Dec 12 14:13:10 CST 2005

On Mon, 12 Dec 2005, Bill Bradford wrote:

> After a halt and a power-back-on, all I get is a blinking red front
> light.  I've completely reseated and air-dusted out the entire
> chassis, but I still get the same result.  Suggestions?

Let me guess:  System board 030-0887-003?

Apply firm pressure to the heatsink the middle of the board for as long
as 5 minutes to see if you can't get the machine to come back long
enough to get all the data off it.  You probably need a new IP30.

--
Jonathan Patschke  ) "Buy the best there is, because it's sorry enough."
Elgin, TX         (                                      --Henry Zuehlke