[rescue] Writing .DMG images

velociraptor velociraptor at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 10:57:42 CST 2005

On 12/12/05, Andrew Weiss <ajwdsp at cloud9.net> wrote:
> On Dec 12, 2005, at 9:53 AM, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 12 Dec 2005, Phil Stracchino wrote:
> >
> >> Original DMG file:           601948028 bytes
> >> ISO produced by dmg2iso.pl:  628666368 bytes
> >> ISO produced by dmg2iso.exe: 527241216 bytes
> >>
> >> Neither is recognized by Roxio as a valid ISO image.  Doesn't look
> >> too
> >> promising.......
> >
> > I doubt Roxio would like it in any case, as the "ISO" image likely
> > doesn't have an ISO 9660 filesystem on it.
>
> Yes if you want to burn CD/DVD master files created by Disk Utility
> on a PC you need Nero.  Nero recognizes HFS images and burns them
> happily.  Even if it doesn't recognize your filesystem you can force
> it to lay it on a CD raw (such as NeXT CD's)

In my experience, that is not the case (I have the latest full version
of Nero).  What has worked for me is mounting the dmg files with
Alcohol 120%'s virtual drive and "ripping" an ISO from that.

I haven't tried DVD Decrypter, but it might work as well, since it
is able to properly write Xbox ISO files, which Nero doesn't
understand.

=Nadine=