[rescue] Sun Ultra 60 fan?

Scott Newell newell at cei.net
Mon Dec 12 10:32:34 CST 2005

I have a U60 that's developing a noisy fan.  I've eliminated the two on the
back panel (stopped 'em with a wire tie), so I think it's the one near the
front of the case.  If anyone with a U60 (or U30) handy could peek in there
and see what the fan specs are (size, voltage, CFM, or make and model
number), I'd really appreciate it.  I'd open this one up, but I can't power
it down just yet.

BTW, there was a note about a low noise fan kit in the U60 book.  Does
anyone happen to know what the kit included?  I'm guessing a series
resistor or thermistor circuit for one of the fans.

thanks!
newell