[rescue] ham gear

Ethan O'Toole ethan at 757tech.net
Mon Dec 5 08:32:28 CST 2005

> I'll say.  Crucial Navy systems running on Windows, for example.  :p

I think Windows can be reliable. It's mostly bad drivers, software or
platform issues. Windows is expected to work on the widest variety of
garbage equipment. My only real beef with it is how hard it is to get
useful debugging information out of it.

eBay runs Windows for their front end. Granted, load balanced between
thousands of boxes.

I've been wanting to check out Windows XPe... I'm told it runs on a
Pentium w/ 32MB of RAM. Others have gotten XP to run on similiar systems.
Wierd stuff.