[rescue] Radio rescue

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Sun Dec 4 16:04:49 CST 2005

This is from the Drake user'ss/collector's mailing list.

I have no connection with the original poster, the person mentioned etc.

I just thought that since we were talking about "radio rescue" recently,
this might be of some use:

Geoff.
> From: Jim Shorney <jshorney at inebraska.com>
> To: "drakelist at www.zerobeat.net" <drakelist at www.zerobeat.net>
> Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2005 12:01:11 -0600 (CST)
>

> "Jim Shorney" <jshorney at inebraska.com> made an utterance to the drakelist gang
>
> I'm not sure how appropriate this is for this forum, but I thought if
> anyone would be able to take advantage of this, it would be one of you
> guys.
>
> Ladd Electronics in Omaha, NE, is closing down. At the age of 92, Frank
> Ladd has decided that it is time to retire. Like many such businesses
> today, eBay and the internet have been killing his business.
>
> Frank has a warehouse full of vintage parts and equipment, and he was
> supposed to be out of the building last month. Time is getting
> critical, and they're talking dumpsters now. I've heard quotes such as
> "$20,000+ worth of stuff", "enough to keep somone busy on ebay for
> years", and you're gonna need a barn". I have NO IDEA what he has in
> there (so don't email me asking), but over the years I have seen
> everything from Collins, Galaxy, Heath, Swan, Clegg, WRL, Drake,
> Johnson, you name it, in his store. Word has it that someone could
> offer Frank $2000 and take it all. Below is an email fron
> Rich WA0ZQG on the subject:
>
> Hi Jim:
> .
>   It's getting pretty close to too late
> to do anything aobut it I think.  The
> DEADLINE was this past month but it's
> been extended to hte end of the year.
> Got to have the stuff OUT OF THERE by
> then.  Sad situation for Frank I think.
> .
>   His number is 402) 556.3023 at the store.
> .
>    signed,
>     rich
>
> I've got no affiliation with Frank, nor do I have the money or space to
> take advantage of this, I would just hate to see it all go to the dump.
>

> Pass the word.

----- End forwarded message -----

IL Voice: (07)-7424-1667  IL Fax: 972-2-648-1443 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838
You should have boycotted Google while you could, now Google supported
BPL is in action. Time is running out on worldwide radio communication.