[rescue] ham gear

Phil Stracchino phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
Sat Dec 3 19:33:38 CST 2005

Peter Porter wrote:
> I will (sadly) second that.  I work on a project that is suprisingly
> successful and well written but horribly crippled by politics.  Us
> Americans need to get our heads out of our asses and start trying to
> perform above the status quo.

The problem is that, all too often, no matter what the official spec
says, performance is *FAR* down the list of *REAL* priorities upon which
the decisions are actually made.  *At least* the top three or four are
almost invariably political -- pick three or more of backscratching,
pork, log-rolling, repaying favors, burying freshly-sharpened hatchets
in people's backs, cronyism, profiteering....

 Phil Stracchino       phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
 Mobile: 603-216-7037         Landline: 603-886-3518