[rescue] Operating system for a 3gx sparcbook

Shirker shirker at mooli.org.uk
Wed Aug 31 08:53:41 CDT 2005

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005, Sevan / Venture37 wrote:

> >If there was a way to put a wifi card in it I'd really love it. I have
> >both CARDBUS (3.3v 32bit) and PCMCIA (5 volt 16bit) cards.
>
> Open or NetBSD???

As ever with these threads ;) I'll jump in and say OpenBSD. It Just
Works(tm). Plus, I believe it has rather good WiFi support, though I don't
use any of it myself so can't say from experience.

You can install the entire OS from binaries, plus all the packages too
(over FTP, with automatic dependency resolution, and new in 3.7 is an
"update" function).

Ed.