[rescue] Head for a SparcStation 2

John Lee j.benlin.lee at gmail.com
Sun Aug 28 19:04:03 CDT 2005

Wow, I am going to have to check that out. It sounds neat!

As it turns out, I scavenged some parts together and got the SS2 setup
at the office. A TGX from eBay, a borrowed 17" Sun monitor, and a free
(!) NIB (!!!!) accessories kit with Type 5 keyboard and mouse got me
up and running. "Punchy" runs NetBSD 2.0, and I couldn't be happier. I
did end up installing X-Windows, though, just so I could remap the
keyboard to the US Dvorak layout as wscons appears not to have been
ported to SPARC yet.

Thanks to everyone who chipped in with advice. The discussion was much
appreciated.

Now, what should I get to hack LISP on? ;-)

- J