[rescue] replacing Ultra 5/10 IDE drives?

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Thu Aug 25 20:17:14 CDT 2005

" From: Meelis Roos <mroos at linux.ee>
"
" I am using a 120G IDE drive as the boot disk in my U5. The onboard
" CMD646 IDE driver does not support LBA4 addressing and so the
" addressable size of HDD is limited to 128 GiB/137 decimal GB.

further thought: if you don't need the cdrom or if you can move it to
usb [does the u5/u10 have usb? are drives supported over it?], you can
at least theoretically connect -4- disks to the eide chip, giving you
~500G even with puny 120G drives.