[rescue] e420r and solaris questions

Eric Webb ttlchaos at randomc.com
Sun Aug 21 13:53:06 CDT 2005

On Saturday 20 August 2005 11:11 pm, Ron Wickersham wrote:
> On Sat, 20 Aug 2005, Dan Sikorski wrote:
> > Do i need to pay to legally use Solaris 10?  I know it's free for
> > devloper use, and i thought that it is free for personal use, but i'm
> > having a hard time figuring out if that is true based on the SLA on
> > sun.com.
>
> there are no license fees for commercial or personal/developer use.  you
> are supposed to register it to be legal.  the form is easy and i registered
> Solaris 10 earlier this year and received an e-mail which is the actual
> proof you're licensed.

Wasn't there some sort of prrocessor count limitation or something?  Maybe I'm
thinking of something else, but I thoght they were going to limit it to
2-ways and fewer as part of that deal.

I need help convincing work that their soon-to-be-sunset 420R's and E450's are
useless and need to come home with me :)

-E.