[rescue] Head for a SparcStation 2

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Wed Aug 17 09:30:05 CDT 2005

On Wed, Aug 17, 2005 at 01:32:05AM -0400, John Lee wrote:
> On 8/16/05, Joshua Boyd <jdboyd at jdboyd.net> wrote:
> > 1152x867 is going to be nasty on most LCDs.
> >
> > On the other hand, I'm surprised that you can't get a TGX+ to support
> > 1280x1024 (though a TGX not + won't according to the FAQ on Sunhelp).
> > Also, I'm a bit surprised that the LCD won't support both composite and
> > severate sync.
>
> You're right. I'd be more willing to just try it if I had some
> evidence that it would work. I just don't like the idea of frying my
> employer's equipment. :-/ The same goes for a B&W framebuffer.

A 13w3 adapter should not fry the LCD.  Getting the sync lines wrong
would just not work properly, it wouldn't kill the LCD.

I would not try a B&W framebuffer though unless it had 13w3 output (I
seem to recall that 3/80s had that, but I'm not positive, and they
weren't sbus anyway).

I meant a 8bit color framebuffer set to run in only B&W for ease of
finding the pieces.

--
Joshua D. Boyd
jdboyd at jdboyd.net