[rescue] Head for a SparcStation 2

Shirker shirker at mooli.org.uk
Wed Aug 17 09:04:05 CDT 2005

On Wed, 17 Aug 2005, Patrick Giagnocavo 717-201-3366 wrote:

> On Tue, 2005-08-16 at 23:54, Joshua Boyd wrote:
> > >
> > > Boo. :-( The LCD is separate sync only. It does support 1152x867 at 60Hz,
> > > though. Prospects don't look good. I do have a 21" CRT here that will
> > > work, though. Or, maybe I could just get some cheap Sony Trinitron
> Heresy, I know, but dumping the SS2 and getting an Ultra 5 with VGA output would solve all the connect-to-LCD problems.

So would getting an SBUS Vigra VGA framebuffer, plus (in comparison) the
amount of geek points you'd get would be off the scale ;)

These turn up on ePay from time to time. I actually have 4 - two of a
supported type (OpenBSD supports them, at least, so I guess other stuff
does too) and two which I don't recall seeing any mentions of online, so
they may be a bit proprietary (they've been used internally to some Kodak
product or other).

If the price is right I could be convinced to part with one.

Ed.