[rescue] Help with my Ultra 5

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Mon Aug 15 21:57:47 CDT 2005

On Mon, Aug 15, 2005 at 06:50:30PM -0700, Shawn Wallbridge wrote:

> I think the instructions are online, but I started a solaris install and
> it asked me if I wanted to update at some point. Once it was done I
> installed the processor and it worked fine.

Interesting.  I shall have to try that.  I assume the 333s and 360s came
out well before Solaris 9?  For whatever reason, I was just completely
unable to convince the standalone updater to work on my U5 when I wanted
to upgrade to a 360mhz proc.

At this point, I'm almost thinking of getting a pair of U5s the way I
want them, and just swapping disks with the U5s I want upgraded, then
giving the old ones away.

--
Joshua D. Boyd
jdboyd at jdboyd.net