[rescue] HP 9000 / 300 -- can anyone help with this?

jwb-tech at picarefy.com jwb-tech at picarefy.com
Tue Aug 9 18:54:38 CDT 2005

   The list at http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/hp300/hardware.html should
help. There are only a few models which have a 68030, and between the
speed and other details, you should be able to narrow it down to a
model or at most two, it looks like.

   I have a pile of various 3xx models and parts, but I've never had a
chance to mess with them yet, so I don't know what's spare or even works,
and it's going to Be A While. (There are probably some people reading
this who are still patiently waiting for me to sort out my Sun-2 stuff
after nearly two years.) I do have two HP-IB disk systems in the pile,
which I know I won't be using. You're welcome to them for the cost of
shipping but 1) they're low-capacity, like 40 megs, using MFM drives
internally, 2) I have noooo idea whether they work, and 3) they're heavy
so it's not going to be cheap.

   --James B.