[rescue] RE: U2 Bases

Jeffrey Nonken jjn_rescue at nonken.net
Fri Apr 29 14:20:55 CDT 2005

At 12:22 PM 4/29/2005, you wrote:
>As I am a new owner of a U2 (ie i rescued it) I'm wondering if someone
>has a spare
>drive sled I can have to install a second HD in this thing.

Hi. I've got 5 of these things (without the torx mounting screws which I
misplaced): http://www.memoryx.net/5403024.html Hah, they have their own
web site: http://www.540-3024.net/ Both sites claim they're spud brackets
for, among other things, Ultra 2.

Anyway, I know I have 5 of them. I've got one in hand. (Or on desk, as I'm
using both hands to type. :) The other 4 are in a pile of junk I have to
pick through, so nobody send money until I find them :) but I'll be happy
to accept reasonable offers pending such discovery. I don't know how much
they're actually worth so I'm trusting you guys to make reasonable offers.

JFTR, about the parts I've been offering. I'm not trying to make a huge
profit here. Mostly I want shipping covered, but packing and schlepping to
the Post Orifice does cost something, and I've been unemployed for 2 years.
So any additional sums above and beyond the postage are welcome.

Mostly I hate to throw good stuff away that somebody can use.