[rescue] i\'m in love

Steve Jones smj0501 at crash.com
Thu Apr 28 20:32:17 CDT 2005

>> yeah, but suppose different apps try to create identically-named
>> tempfiles in in each of those paths?

> tmpnam(3) is there for a reason.

Uhm, guys? Unless somebody changed my meds when I wasn't looking,
each tmpfs created is a unique, isolated filesystem. If /fs1 and
/fs2 are both empty tmpfs filesystems, and you create a file
/fs1/foo, you will *not* see /fs2/foo. Each tmpfs is allocated
pages from VM that are dedicated to that tmpfs.

Grab any Solaris box and try it. Heck, I'm pretty sure this is
true going all the way back to SunOS 4...

--Steve.