[rescue] Cray T3E-1200E with installation support from Crayand licenses on eBay

Sheldon T. Hall shel at tandem.artell.net
Thu Apr 28 14:43:02 CDT 2005

Patrick Giagnocavo writes ...
> On Thu, Apr 28, 2005 at 10:40:38AM -0700, Sheldon T. Hall wrote:
>
> > Quoting from the listing ...
> >
> > Software and documentation:
> > The cray system includes the following software CD's:
> > [snip]
> > Diskette Crosstalk
> > The below list contains manuals shipped with this system.
> > [snip]
> > Crosstalk Mk.4 CASL Reference
>
> Crosstalk is a scriptable DOS (or maybe DOS/Win) communications
> program, like the old Telix.

Yeah, but I don't think we ever did a Cray port of it.  We tried to do a
Macintosh version, but that didn't work.

I worked on it from 1984 to 1990 at Microstuf/Crosstalk/DCA, then used it as
a basis for consulting/contracting gigs for about 5 years.  Being a
multi-session comms program with its own windowing system, compiler, etc.,
it's rather more scriptable than Telix ... or anything else I can think of.

-Shel