[rescue] The best 'rescue' workstation

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Tue Apr 26 00:00:53 CDT 2005

On Mon, Apr 25, 2005 at 11:01:46PM -0400, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> > Yeah - I've got a Sempron "2500+" system, that actually runs at 1.75Ghz.
> > performance-wise, its as nice as my 2.6Ghz P4 Dell system.
> I've been wondering how well those did.
> I normally don't like things like the Intel Celeron's, because it is a
> crippled "normal" CPU.
> However, it seems like the Sempron is more of a hybrid.
> I'm thinking of building a Sempron PC for someone who is upgrading.

Its pretty nice.  Works great for what I use it for (right now its a
Linux test machine; it will eventually be a gaming box).  Sempron 2500+,
Abit NF7 NForce2 motherboard, nVidia GeForce FX5500 graphics, 1G PC2700
Kingston RAM, 80G HD, DVD-ROM, in a blue enamel painted aluminum case.

The world's most garish PC!  I figured if I had to build a PC, might
as well make it look strange.

http://www.mrbill.net/photos/bluepc/bluepc02.jpg

Bill

--