[rescue] The best 'rescue' workstation

Zach Lowry zach at zachlowry.net
Mon Apr 25 11:21:23 CDT 2005

Jochen Kunz wrote:
> AFAIK Visualize-FXe is the only option supported by Linux. I don't know
> about performance, but I suspect a FX6 is considerable faster then FXe.
> Some of the FX[0-9] options have not less then 4 PA-RISC CPU cores as
> geometry engines. See http://www.openpa.net/gfx.html#visfx

Oh man, there go my hopes and dreams, I just read this little fact
elsewhere, turned to the list, and found this. :(

I don't think I can live with 8-bit color, I mean really. I would have
to run HP-UX, which I don't have any support for. Looks like I can't
replace my main machine with an HP, and I *really* *really* was heading
that direction. Now, looks like all I can do is Sun or IBM, or run
HP-UX, which scares me sort of. Maybe it won't matter really, I'm sure I
can get support somehow.
--
Zach Lowry
MTSU, Murfreesboro, TN