[rescue] The best 'rescue' workstation

Mike Meredith mike at redhairy1.demon.co.uk
Mon Apr 25 01:24:35 CDT 2005

On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 20:07:05 -0400, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> Sun, 24 Apr 2005 @ 22:45 +0100, Mike Meredith said:
> > I would have included the AMD64 results, but it's tough trying to
> > figure out what their clock speed *really* is.

Perhaps I should have said it's tough trying to figure out what their
clock speed is from the SPEC results list. I wasn't going to hunt down
the real clock speed ... I'm lazy :)

> I would like to run the test on my own system.  Didn't see anything
> there like mine.

I guess it would be a case of identifying another reasonable benchmark
then. At least between us, we've probably got a way of generating a
reasonable comparison list.