[rescue] The best 'rescue' workstation

Atom rescue at port11.net
Sun Apr 24 23:57:10 CDT 2005

On Apr 24, 2005, at 5:59 PM, Aaron Finley wrote:

> Imac G5 17" - slowest piece of crap I have ever used. The interface is
> completely unresponsive. I would rather use a 486 then this. click
> WAIT click WAIT. I have to use one of a daily basis at college.

Too much spyware?

I have a G4 1.67ghz powerbook with 1gb ram and Tiger 10.4 and the
system is absolutely fast. Best workstation I had so far.

I think with all workstations the more ram the better they run.  I
have a debian box at work with 2gb of ram and it runs pretty zippy as
workstation. Is a dual 550mhz xeon box. Then on the other hand my
athlon xp1800+ debian box has only 256 ram right now and doesn't run
that well...