[rescue] The best 'rescue' workstation

Patrick Finnegan pat at computer-refuge.org
Sun Apr 24 02:51:17 CDT 2005

On Sunday 24 April 2005 02:44, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
> On Sun, 24 Apr 2005, Patrick Finnegan wrote:
> >> I've worked on both.  The 43P-1xx case. sucks worse.  You have to
> >> -remove the processor- to get to some of the drive bays.
> >
> > ??? No, you don't unless you're doing something wrong (unless a
> > -150 case is vastly different than a -140 case).  I've been inside
> > of many 43P-140s)....
>
> The left-hand (facing the front of the case) screws on the lower bay
> are obscured by the CPU heat sink.  On the -150 the CPU and heat sink
> are glued together and should be separated.  Also, the VRM is in the
> way.

If you didn't notice, the metal bracket that the drives are attached to
has a screw attached at the back of the case, behind the PCI riser
card, and a couple of screws into it from the front of the case.  Once
you take those out, the bracket with drive on it tilts up and out of
the case. I've never removed the processor from one, but have
installed/removed drives in those bays many times.

Pat
--
Purdue University ITAP/RCS        ---  http://www.itap.purdue.edu/rcs/
The Computer Refuge               ---  http://computer-refuge.org