[rescue] The best 'rescue' workstation

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Sat Apr 23 15:16:58 CDT 2005

On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 14:28:22 -0500
Zach Lowry <zach at zachlowry.net> wrote:

> I had looked at the B2000, and a J5600/J6000. I can't find a B3600,
> only a C3600, explain?
Sorry, I wanted to say / write C3600.

> Of course, if I got the J-class, I'd just help you out with NetBSD. :)
NetBSD on a J5600/J6000 is a big task. NetBSD doesn't support the 64 bit
PA-2.0 CPUs at the moment and the IO structure of these machines is
verry different from the "old" PA-RISC machines. There may be additional
problems if this machine has only 64 bit firmware...

If I ever get to PA-2.0 support, I already have a C240 and a B2000 to
hack on.
--

tsch|_,
       Jochen