[rescue] Sun 4 keyboard cleaning question on foam

C Fernandez fernande at internet1.net
Sat Apr 23 02:05:42 CDT 2005

Hi All,

I've washed/cleaned keyboards before, but mostly IBM Model M's

Just picked up a Sun 4 keyboard.  I'd like to clean it.  I've already
taken it apart...... Now I see the foam pads....... any problems with
cleaning agents damaging the pads or the glue(?) that holds them on?
Normally, I'd use a degreaser that will dissolve nicotine.  I wouldn't
spray the foam directly, but I won't be able to keep the foam totally
isolated.

Chad Fernandez
Michigan, USA