[rescue] RS6000

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Wed Apr 20 14:18:49 CDT 2005

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:

>>> Nothing other than a 43P-150 or F50 will run AIX 5.2, unfortunately.
>>
>> False!  An F40 will... like, for example, the one cluttering up my
>> living room...
>
> Ah, you're right.  An F40 is CHRP.  I'd forgotten about that model.

Okay, now I'm doubleplusconfused.  To my knowledge, AIX 5.2 only runs on
CHRP hardware.  Also, everything I can find on the F40 says it's a PReP
box.

Are you -sure- you have a 7025-F40 running AIX version 5.2?  Because
that would really mess with my head. :)

--
Jonathan Patschke  )   "It's alright for someone to sleep past noon
Elgin, TX         (     every once in a while.  That's what it means