[rescue] Anybody want these beige macs?

Jeffrey Nonken jjn_rescue at nonken.net
Fri Apr 15 09:24:49 CDT 2005

At 09:43 AM 4/15/2005, Steve Hatle wrote:
>Ah, the benefits of a liberal arts education and being an ancient history
>major- I was right on the myth when trying to dredge those two names out of
>long-term storage.

Usually I name my machines after gods, but these are the only two Apple
machines I have ATM, and they're almost identical. I considered Castor and
Pollux but Atalanta and Hippomenes just seemed more appropriate. :)

Besides, if I ever got another or got rid of one, Castor and Pollux
suddenly wouldn't make any sense at all.

So I decided that mythical humans would suffice, and would promote the pun.
My naming conventions aren't strict anyway. For example, I usually use
Greek gods for my Linux machines, but I named my Linux-based firewall
Heimdall. :)