[rescue] WTB: Gravis Ultrasound

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Mon Apr 11 21:14:25 CDT 2005

Mon, 04 Apr 2005 @ 21:06 -0400, Francois Dion said:

> Actually, Gravis made the Ultrasound ACE in 95 that was wavetable
> only. This is different from the original  GUS in that it doesn't have
> anything to fake the soundblaster part (just IO - there actually no
> OPL on the GUS except the Extreme) so you could use it with a real
> SBPro or SB16.

Ah, I forgot about the ACE daughter card.

I used to have the a GUS that had >1MB of RAM.  It was the one which had
some SIMM slots, and I put memory from an old computer in there.

I remember the GUS used to be just about the only way to listen to music
files like tracker, mod, etc without taxing your CPU heavily, and it
even helped a little with other sound tasks.

When I got my GUS with loads of RAM, and my Adaptec 1540 SCSI
controller, I had *POWER* man.

Wow... that's sad isn't it?  :)

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- [governorrhea: a contagious disease that
spreads from the governor of a state downward through other offices and his